3rd – 5th November, 2022.
Africa Global Development for Positive Change Initiative
With support of:
Mission and Vision
ICAWW series of International Conferences aims at addressing all major topics of transforming exhausted utilities into valuable commodities through efficient waste management. Generating wealth from waste has been recognized as a major challenge for all international organizations, for all countries in the globe, their governments, and their respective organizations. Moreover, this series of conferences aims at addressing in depth all issues and challenges in the application of circular economy and sustainability model in the world economy. These conferences are planned to create an international platform for fostering discussions in depth between experts, academics, practitioners, industries as well as policy makers in the field of efficient waste management and transformation to wealth via innovative waste-to-wealth industrial frameworks towards zero waste solutions and moreover, to contribute in depth in the discussions of circular economy and sustainability models realization.
The 2022 ICAWW International Conference from Waste to Wealth is targeted to become the premier forum for the presentation of technological advances, research results, new products, projects, and policies as well as successful case studies for transforming waste to wealth and developing sustainable circular economy worldwide.
The aim is to create synergy between academy, business, and policymaking in the field of turning waste into wealth. Representatives of businesses and organizations, engineers and scientists from industry, government and policy makers, academia professors, researchers and students who want to report novel scientific results, case studies, good practices, technological and commercial products advancements in the multidisciplinary areas of waste to wealth developments, circular economy and sustainability progresses are invited to attend the ICAWW Conference and interact with major worldwide experts.
- Advances, new solutions and challenges in the management of Liquid waste, Solid Waste, Organic Waste, Recyclable Waste and hazardous Waste.
- Research and policy making advances and challenges regarding UNEP Eight Issues of Concern for Chemicals and Waste Management.
- Current issues in Circular Economy and Sustainability
- The Circular Economy: An Interdisciplinary Exploration of the Concept and Application in a Global Context.
- Review of the circular economy concept and the expected transition to a balanced interplay of environmental and economic systems.
- Closed-loop production systems – sustainable supply chain approaches
- How circular is the global economy? Proposed Metrics and Assessment of material flows, E-waste flows, waste production, and recycling in the European Union and the world
- Effectiveness of the policy of circular economy in the world, overview of the progress and challenges
- 5R framework application in waste management: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Refuse and Respond. Engineering and policy making challenges and roadmap
- Green chemistry, catalysis, and valorization of waste biomass.
- Current options for the valorization of food manufacturing waste
- Sustainability and in situ monitoring in battery and critical products development.
- New perspectives in Waste biorefinery models towards sustainable circular bio-economy
- Bio-derived materials as a green route for critical metal recovery and re-use.
- Recovery and recycling of lithium and other critical materials
- Overview and description of technologies for recovering important in production chemical substances from wastewater.
- Product services for a resource-efficient and circular economy
- Creating integrated business and environmental value within the context of circular economy and ecological modernization.
- New Business models for circular economy, Product design and business model strategies for a circular economy.
- Efficient Waste management and transformation to wealth engineering solutions and challenges.
- Efficient Waste management and challenges for policy making
- Innovative industrial level waste transformations into wealth and their applications
- Value Based Recoveries from Waste Streams and Interdisciplinary Focusing on Waste to Wealth
- Integration of climate change and circular economy
The above subtopics are indicative. The participants could also prepare presentations in close or interdisciplinary areas.
In the frame of the conference there will be:
- Keynote speakers from the world of academia, business and policy making
- Plenary Paper presentation of academic research
- Poster presentations of academic research
- Plenary video or powerpoint presentations of innovative businesses and organizations
- Exhibition stands by innovative businesses and organizations
- Panel discussion between representatives of academia, business, and policy making
THE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS AND PANEL MEMBERS
Dr Prince Dan Mbachi, International President ADIafrica, Nigeria.
Regional Coordinator, Chemicals, Waste and Air Quality, UNEP, Kenya.
Topic: (coming soon)
Mrs. Anja Carron,
President & Founder THEIA International and Global Chairperson for
Circular Economy, President and Founder, Germany.
Topic: Back to the Future: When Tradition turns into Innovation and vice versa.
Mr. Patrick Janssen
DungDung and HairRecyle, Founder, Belgium.
Topic: The Many Opportunities of Hair Recycling.
Mr. Kimmo Kontuniemi,
PlasticOil, Chief Business Development Officer, Finland.
Topic: Chemical Recycling of Plastic Waste: Accelerates Circular Economy.
Dr. Peter Nitschke
Director for Community Partnerships, Plastic Bank, Canada.
Topic: Preventing Ocean Plastic by Reducing Poverty.
Close the Gap, Senior Project Manager, Belgium.
Topic: Refurbishment and reuse of ICT hardware to Bridge the Digital Divide.
Associate Director-Research, GLA University, India.
Topic: Advances, New Solutions and Challenges in
the Management of Liquid Waste, Solid Waste,
Organic Waste, Recyclable Waste and Hazardous Waste.
Prof. Reis Mulita
Director of Projects Office and Internationalisation, CIT university, Tirane, Albania
Topic: Circular Economy.
Dr. Enriko Ceko
Head of Business Administration & IT Department, CIT university, Tirane, Albania.
Topic: Waste Management in the Balkans.
Dr. Chris Sotiropoulos
Global Opportunities Commercialisation (Founder and CEO), Australia.
Ms. Ingrid Rostad
Co- facilitator of NGO major group in United Nations
Environment Programme (UNEP), a policy advisor in Norwegian forum
for development and environment, Norway.
Prof. Dimitrios Karras
National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA),
School of Science, Associate Professor, Greece.
University, Egypt & King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia.
The Organizing and Advisory International Committee Members
- Mrs. Aisha Karanja, Back to Basics, Founder and CEO, Kenya.
- Prof. Anita Freimann, J. J. Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia
- Prof. Annelies Verdoolaege, Ghent University, Department of African Languages and Cultures, Belgium.
- Dr. Biswajit Roy Chowdhury, South Asian Institute for Advance Research & Development (SAIARD), Founder Chairman, India.
- Dr. Chris Sotiropoulos, Global Opportunities Commercialisation, Founder and CEO, Australia.
- Mr. Dann Taneo Diez, Sustainable Energy and Enterprise Development for Communities Inc, Philippine Executive Director, Philippines.
- Prof. Dimitrios Karras, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), School of Science, Greece.
- Mr. James Jeong, IPYG, Deputy director Of IPYG Busan branch, South Korea.
- Prof. emeritus Jan Degadt, KULeuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Belgium.
- Prof. Jelena Lonska, Rezekne Academy of Technologies, Latvia.
- Mr. Kimmo Kontuniemi, PlasticOil, Chief Business Development Officer, Finland.
- Dr. Khawla Al-Muhannadi, Environment Friends Society, President, Bahrain.
- Mrs. Lubna Dawany, Family Development Association and Euromed for Rights, Attorney at Law, Jordan.
- Prof. Neyara Radwan, Mechanical Dept., Faculty of Engineering, Suez Canal University, Egypt &
- King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia.
- Mr. Marnick Vanlee, Close the Gap, Senior Project Manager, Belgium.
- Prof. Muthmainnah, Universitas Al Asyariah Mandar in West Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Mr. Paolo Zaramella, Studio Centro Veneto, Certified Management Consultant, Italy.
- Dr. Peter Nitschke, Plastic Bank, Director for Community Partnerships, Canada
- Dr. Ria Aerts, GOC and ADIafrica, Director International Entrepreneurship, sustainability and empowerment and Director International Affairs Think Tank team ADIafrica, Australia.
- Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bathar, Wave of Kindness, Founder and Medical Doctor, Pakistan.
- Prof. Subhash Tripathi, Associate Director-Research, GLA University, India.
- Mr. Sidi Rana Menggala, ADIafrica, Director of Agriculture, Belgium.
- Dr. Vera Komarova, Daugavpils University, leading senior researcher, Latvia.
Academic Research Papers
All papers and reports will be peer reviewed by the international committee. Well defined Novelty and Contribution in the fields of the conference will be the primary criteria for acceptance of the intended submissions.
All accepted and presented papers and case studies/project reports will be published as extended abstracts in the conference proceedings with ISBN Number and will be permanently online in the ICAWW conferences website.
After the conference the authors of only registered and presented papers will have the opportunity to submit their corresponding full paper for publication at IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (IOP EES), (https://iopscience.iop.org/journal/1755-1315), indexed in SCOPUS and Web of Science (https://publishingsupport.iopscience.iop.org/questions/proceedings-are-abstracted-in/) after undergoing a fast and extra peer-reviewing process. In addition, Extended versions, at least 50% different in content, of the latter full paper submitted for publication at IOP EES could be submitted to the planned special issues too in journals, including SCOPUS/SCIE journals.
The following list of special issues will be updated shortly:
- Special issues: Advances in Material Research For Zero Waste And Circular Economy, in the journals KEM/MSF/SSP/DDF/AMR/AMM/EI/AEF (KEM/MSF/SSP/DDF – SCOPUS/SCIE journals 70 EUR/paper publication fee, AMR/AMM/EI/AEF – free of charge online publication) https://www.scientific.net/
- Special Issue: Advances in Waste to Wealth Engineering and Management Sustainable Developments towards Circular Economy, https://spast.org/ojspath/announcement/view/18 , journal Sustainable Solutions and Society, https://www.spast.org/index.php/ojspath/index
- Papers minimum 13 pages and over will be considered for publication in the Social Sciences Bulletin. More information can be found here https://old.du.lv/en/research/scientific-periodicals/social-sciences-bulletin/
CONTRIBUTIONS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES can be found on our website by clicking the button below. Papers should be maximum 20 pages and presentations maximum 15 mins. SUBMISSION LINK for papers: https://conferences.uoa.gr/e/ICAWW.
Timetables and Deadlines
- 31 MAY, 2022: Short abstract (500 words) of paper or video presentation
- Before 10 JUNE, 2022: Notification of Acceptance for inclusion in the book of extended abstracts and permanent presence in the conference website
- 30 JUNE, 2022: Extended Abstracts (minimum, 1500 words and max 2500 words) Submission Deadline for inclusion in the conference proceedings with ISBN Number and being permanently online in the ICAWW conferences website
- 30 JUNE, 2022: video or PowerPoint presentations and exhibitions Submission Proposal Deadline
- 10 AUGUST, 2022: Full papers Submission deadline, of the registered and presented only at the conference papers for possible publication at IOP EES conference proceedings as well as at several journal special issues planned after peer reviewing.
- 10 SEPTEMBER 2022: Notification of Acceptance of full papers
- 30 SEPTEMBER 2022: Camera Ready Full Papers submission deadline for IOP EES and journal special issues for after conference publications
- Award for the best paper presentation: 500 euros
- Award for best business video or presentation: 500 euros
PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
We will provide you with actual and more detailed information about the timetable (especially about the timing of your presentation) via e-mail and, of course, before your arrival. In the meantime please look at the conference Internet web site page, which is up-dated regularly to get the latest news about the conference.
Thursday 7 July 2022:
- 8.30 am: registration
- 9.00am: keynote speakers
- 9.30am: coffee
- 10.00am: 15 min paper presentations (academic) with after every paper a short 5 min company or organization presentation via video or powerpoint.
- 1.00pm: lunch
- 2.00pm: paper presentations (academic) with after every paper a 5 min company or organization presentation via video or powerpoint.
- 3.30pm: coffee
- 4.00pm: paper presentations (academic) with after every paper a short 5 min company or organization presentation via video or powerpoint
- 5.30pm: Highlights and summary of first day.
- 5.45pm: End of first day.
- 7.00pm: Dinner at the Bedford
Friday 8 July 2022:
- 8.30am: registration
- 9.00am: paper presentations (academic) with after every paper a short 5 min company or organization presentation via video or powerpoint
- 10.00am: coffee
- 10.30am: paper presentations (academic) with after every paper a short 5 min company or organization presentation via video or powerpoint
- 1.00pm: lunch
- 2.00pm: paper presentations (academic) with after every paper a short 5 min company or organization presentation.
- 3.30pm: coffee
- 4.00pm: paper presentations (academic) with after every paper a short 5 to 10 min company or organization presentation.
- 5.30pm: Highlights and summary of second day.
- 5.45pm: End of second day.
- 7.00pm: gala dinner at the hotel with award best paper and best company or organization presentations
In-person Conference Fees:
Participants who are a member of ADIafrica receive a 10% discount. Participants who have registered and paid the full fee for the in-person conference are entitled to:
- Full participation in the conference
- Conference documentation
- Tea/coffee breaks and two lunches
- Admission to two dinners at the Bedford hotel including a Gala dinner, and the closing ceremony of the conference
- Admission to the best paper award competition – 500 euro
- Conference proceedings and other publications
**Those who have paid the accompanying person fee are welcome to attend the gala dinner at the Bedford hotel and will receive a ticket for the social program (mini-Europe and/or Atomium and/or guided tour of Brussels, or maybe the chocolate museum).
Virtual Conference Fees:
- Full participation in the conference
- Conference documentation
- a digital copy of the proceedings
- a video of the main conference presentations
Businesses and organizations are given the possibility to impress guests in a beautiful “Art Deco” venue. Exhibition spaces are available for rent and are directly linked to the conference room. In order to ease unloading, this venue has a direct connection to the parking area and to the street.
All stand holders receive:
- Exhibition space
- Conference ticket included (access to all presentations, lunches, dinner, coffee breaks, conference material)
- Your 5 min promotion video or powerpoint showed at plenary sessions
- Logo displayed as bronze, silver, and gold sponsors on conference material
- Access to high level academic and policy representatives (UNEP, EU, government officials from various countries) as well as potential investors
- Possibility to win the best company or organization award (1000 euros)
Click here to find more information on sponsorship and exhibition possibilities or contact the secretariat at email@example.com. Limited number of spaces available.
All cancellations of Registration should be sent in written to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 May 2022. For cancellations received by 1 May 2022, 50% of the Registration fee will be reimbursed, less the bank charges incurred. In case of cancellation after 1 May 2022, no reimbursement will occur.
ADIafrica is a Non-Governmental Organization. All monies left after costs will be used to fund humanitarian projects in the field of education, health, poverty reduction, environment protection, and peace building.
The Keynote Speakers:
- Brussels Government
- Representatives academic field
- Businesses: Close the Gap, PlasticOil, PlasticBank, Dung Dung.
Exhibitors & Sponsorship
Accommodation has been reserved for conference participants at the Bedford Hotel and Congress Centre. Reduced pricing of rooms is foreseen for 120 conference participants until the 15th of June, 2022.
For room reservations, contact ADIafrica secretariat:
- Phone: +234 814 616 8179
- Whatsapp: +234 701 245 8654
- E-mail: email@example.com